With regular and recent experience in a wide range of patent-related activities in the chemical, pharmaceutical and life sciences fields Park Grove IP is well placed to assist companies working in those fields. In this respect, examples of the patent-related services offered by Park Grove IP include the following.
- Identifying and advising upon potentially patentable subject matter (“invention spotting”).
- Drafting patent applications suitable for prosecution in multiple territories (e.g. Europe, the US, Japan and elsewhere).
- Filing and prosecuting patent applications, including:
- coordinating the filing and prosecution of an international portfolio of patent applications; and/or
- filing and prosecuting patent applications at the European Patent Office (EPO) or the UK Intellectual Property Office (UK IPO).
- Representation at the EPO or UK IPO in respect of contentious matters relating to patents (e.g. third party observations, EPO oppositions or UK IPO opinions).
- Investigating and providing opinions upon patentability and/or freedom to operate (FTO).
- Assisting in due diligence exercises relating to investment, licensing, acquisition or divestment.
- Advising upon exemptions from patent infringement in Europe (e.g. the “Bolar” and research exemptions) that may apply in certain circumstances, such as when studies or trials are conducted.