Supplementary Protection Certificates (SPCs)
With cutting-edge experience and expertise, Park Grove IP is particularly well placed to advise on SPC-related matters.
Examples of services that Park Grove IP can provide in relation to SPCs include the following.
- Advising upon the availability, validity and/or duration of SPC protection (or extended SPC protection).
- Devising strategies to optimise the strength, scope and/or duration of SPC protection (or extended SPC protection).
- Identifying possible arguments against the validity of, or against the infringement of, third party SPCs (or SPC extensions).
- Filing and prosecuting SPC applications (or applications for SPC extensions) in the UK and/or coordinating the filing and prosecution of such applications across multiple European territories.
- Filing and pursuing appeals aimed at rectifying SPC duration, or otherwise challenging the standard practices of patent offices that incorrectly calculate SPC duration.
- Investigating whether SPC protection has been sought and/or obtained in the UK or elsewhere.
- Please contact us to find out about the cost-effective options that we can offer for such investigations.
- Providing assistance in respect of contentious matters relating to SPCs, such as coordinating the filing of (or responding to) third party observations, or supporting litigation relating to SPCs.
- Providing expert opinions for use in contentious matters relating to SPCs.